truth in chess
The 2nd Saranac Lake Winter Carnival Humble Pie Chess Tournament
When: Saturday, February 7 at 8:30 a.m. (Registration from 8:30 a.m. to 9:45 a.m., First round at 10 a.m.)
Where: Saranac Village at Will Rogers
Players must be members of USCF to play a rated event. Annual USCF memberships vary from $46 adult to $17 under age 12, see USCF website. USCF memberships can be processed at Winter Carnival tournament site Saranac Village at Will Rogers. Payments processed at door 8:30 a.m. – 9:45 a.m. (do not send money). Four Rounds. Time control G40 d30. Hot beverages & cookies provided.
10:00 a.m. Round 1
12:15 p.m. - 1:00 p.m. Lunch Break (several eateries near-by)
1:00 p.m. Round 2
3:15 p.m. Round 3
5:30 p.m. - 6:00 p.m. Dinner Break (pizza party at playing hall)
6:30 p.m. Round 4
- SWarren Lohr (Onchiota): 3.5 pts
- Charlie Bryant (Saranac Lake): 3 pts
- Greg Werbowsky (Potsdam): 2.5 pts
- Jacob Hetman (Lyonsvlle): 2 pts
- Dave Craig (Keene, NY): 2 pts
- Alex Macri (Potsdam): 1 pt
- Mike Northrop (Saranac Lake): 1 pt
- *Donna Rutherford (Keene Valley, NY): won three skittles games versus public non-competitors.
Tournament certified by USCF affiliate Rochesster Chess Center, head TD and chess equipment retailer Ron Lohrman.
Special Thank-you to our hosts, Saranac Villlage at Will Rogers for donating space, providing cookies and hot beverages, and to chef Kaitlin for heating our pizzas