Jeffrey (Jeff) Branch
Born and raised in Saranac Lake, NY
Wife: Jemell Branch
Children : Adam & Logan...... Tucker the Dog.
Earliest memory of volunteer work (Although at the time I didn't see it as volunteering, but more like helping Mom and Dad):
• Candy Bar Races at Mt. Pisgah My mother ran these for a few years when I was younger, I helped her with them. I again got involved for a year or two when my son Adam raced mostly keeping time and collecting bibs.
• Helped with the Guide Boat races: When I was young I worked with my parents setting up and breaking down. When I was a little older I ran the safety boat and was basically Sue Dyers gopher.
• Helped with Boater Safety Course: Work with my father, helped with my father teaching course and giving safe boating lessons.
• Volunteer work with for Chamber of Commerce: (Again Gopher for Sue Dyer) During the bubble up bath tub derbies, and also other events such as dog sled races and other promotional things they did (this was n the 70's during high school).
• Winter Carnival Past: Worked on Snowmobile and Cross Country Ski races at Mt. Pisgah.
Recent / Current Activities:
• Member Of Elks Lodge, Knights of Columbus
• Served on Government Restructuring Committee
• Serving on Comprehensive Plan Committee
• Village Trustee 8 years
• Deputy Mayor 2 years
• Work with Tri-lakes Humane Society during yearly fund raising events.
• Coach little league baseball
• Coach Pal-Football
• Commissioner of the Saranac Lake Youth Baseball & Softball league.
• Past Treasurer St. Bernard's Parent Educators Association
• Past President CSEA local 170 (7 years)
• President Saranac Lake Peewee Hockey Association
• Saranac Lake Winter Carnival Committee
• Saranac Lake IPW
• Reconstructed dugouts and replaced roofs on the Elks field / Youth baseball field
• Started Pitcher's Mound reconstruction project for Elks Field last year, will finish in the spring.
Mohawk Community College
Hudson Valley Community College
North Country Community College
• Hotel Restaurant Management
• Businesses Administration
• Vocational Teacher Certification in Culinary Arts / Computer Technology
• Worked 18 Years in Lake Placid as Restaurant Manager / Chef
• Currently Employed by New York State Department of Corrections as Vocational Instructor Computer Technology.